Wonderful sound full of bass also on medium and shortwaves.
If you’re not as concerned about portability, the WR2100 is an excellent value for performance. Think of the WR2100 as a larger portable/table top radio (11.25″ x 7.25″ x 3.5″). What makes this radio stand out from its peers? Truly exceptional audio fidelity. The large built-in speaker has separate treble and bass controls and reminds me how important audio quality is while listening to a faint signal. This radio’s audio will fill a large room. Shortwave sensitivity is very good. If you like to do shortwave Dxing, you’re in for a treat (with an external antenna, forget the built-in antenna). The WR2100 has the best shortwave/AM reception of any radio under $300. FM reception is equally amazing. The WR2100 does not have direct keying to enter frequencies and it does not have SSB. What really strikes about the WR2100 is its sheer ease of use; it’s design is simple, ergonomic and effective.
Here are some specs:
- AM/FM/Shortwave [SW1, SW2, SW3 (1711 – 30,000 kHz)]
- Controls include: RF Gain, Bandwidth, Bass and Treble, Fast and Slow Tuning
- 50 Memories
- Clock Radio with Snooze Alarm
- External connections: Stereo Line Output (RCA type) and 1/8″ Headphone Jack, IF Output for Input to Computer, External Antenna Connections.
- Runs on four “D” size batteries or four backup “AA” batteries (not included)
- Built-in charging circuit
- AC Adapter and antenna connectors included
YOU CAN BUY IT DIRECTLY ON THE K-PO WEB SITE OR ON EBAY